Sunday, February 25, 2007

Gore Mock Announcement at Oscars

Al Gore seems to be getting better at a light hearted and self deprecating approach to suggestions that he might run for the Presidency.

Gore arrived on stage tonight with Leonardo DiCaprio to announce that the Oscars have gone green.

In a well rehearsed comedy set up, Di Caprio asked Gore if he had any major announcement to make this evening. Gore responded.

"Well, I do appreciate that, Leo. And i’m kind of surprised at the feelings welling up here actually. You’ve been very convincing. Even though I honestly had not planned on doing this, I guess with a billion people watching, it’s as good as time as any. So, my fellow Americans, I’m going to take this opportunity right here and now to formally announce my intention..."

And the orchestra kicked in...

Very clever.